This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
[Patch Ping] Re: [C++/C Patch] Have -Wpointer-arith enable by -Wpedantic, as documented
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 08:45:07 +0100
- Subject: [Patch Ping] Re: [C++/C Patch] Have -Wpointer-arith enable by -Wpedantic, as documented
- References: <515E07C9 dot 40608 at oracle dot com>
On 4/5/13 12:07 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
in the audit trail of c++/56815 Manuel noticed that, inconsistently
with the documentation, a LangEnabledBy was missing for
-Wpointer-arith vs -Wpedantic.
Then I noticed that a clean up was possible in the actual pedwarn
calls, which, in fact, also fixes a bug: we don't want to actually
emit such warnings for -Wpedantic -Wno-pointer-arith (as would happen
before and after the trivial tweak above)
the C bits of this Patch are still unreviewed.