This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Compare instruction in shift_extend mode
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at arm dot com>
- To: "Hurugalawadi, Naveen" <Naveen dot Hurugalawadi at caviumnetworks dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 14:57:27 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, AArch64] Compare instruction in shift_extend mode
- References: <533cf85bfb7f48bca2fd6baeb2336147 at SN2PR07MB029 dot namprd07 dot prod dot outlook dot com>,<5168081A dot 8000608 at arm dot com> <a6adc1ade69444ea98ebf361027b749f at SN2PR07MB029 dot namprd07 dot prod dot outlook dot com>
On 15/04/13 05:37, Hurugalawadi, Naveen wrote:
Same issue as my previous reply applies here.
Thanks for the suggestion.
Please find attached the modified patch as per your suggestions.
Please review the same and let me know if there should be any
further modifications in it.
The .md pattern looks OK. I'm not happy about the test case. It is too
fragile. For example, adding -fno-inline such that main does not get
optimized away breaks the pattern match. When we run the testsuites
here we often do a run with -fPIC in order to increase coverage, that
option will also break this test case. I suggest for this one test case
either making it compile only and dropping main() such that the pattern
match only looks in the assembled output of the cmp_* functions, or
leaving the test case execute but removing the pattern match...