This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][RFC] Remove TODO_ggc_collect, collect unconditionally
- From: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 11:55:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][RFC] Remove TODO_ggc_collect, collect unconditionally
- References: <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1303191327310 dot 3543 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1303191518000 dot 3543 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1303191634460 dot 3543 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
On 03/19/2013 04:37 PM, Richard Biener wrote:
> On Tue, 19 Mar 2013, Richard Biener wrote:
>> Which shows that I need to merge the IRA and reload/lra passes.
>> Honza tells me that they are considered "separate" has historical
>> reasons only. Given that reload pushes TV_IRA and that the boundary
>> isn't GC safe I don't think that is too bad (dump files will now
>> be shared, of course).
>> I'll schedule a gcac checking bootstrap over night as well.
> The following is it, changelog omits the boring part (enumerating
> all files and pass structs touched ...).
> Regularly bootstrapped and tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu,
> the gcac one is still running (as expected ...).
> Any objections?
Yes actually. I explicitly split these into two so that we get a
meaningful IRA debugging dump. Please undo this change.