This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH][ARM] use vsel instruction for floating point conditional moves in ARMv8
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramrad01 at arm dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: Matthew Gretton-Dann <matthew dot gretton-dann at linaro dot org>, "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Kyrylo Tkachov <Kyrylo dot Tkachov at arm dot com>, Richard Earnshaw <Richard dot Earnshaw at arm dot com>
- Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:08:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][ARM] use vsel instruction for floating point conditional moves in ARMv8
- References: <001501cdfecb$a96ad720$fc408560$ at email@example.com> <5122159B dot 9050601 at arm dot com> <51506b94 dot 45d5440a dot 0a4f dot ffffd45aSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN at mx dot google dot com> <515C4E37 dot 4070502 at linaro dot org> <alpine dot LNX dot 2 dot 00 dot 1304040945490 dot 21094 at zhemvz dot fhfr dot qr>
On 04/04/13 08:46, Richard Biener wrote:
On Wed, 3 Apr 2013, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
Would it be possible for this patch and the others Kyrylo has recently done
for the new ARMv8 AArch32 instructions to be backported to 4.8?
In particular I'm refering to:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-03/msg00994.html (trunk r197052)
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-03/msg00874.html (trunk r197051)
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-03/msg00873.html (trunk r197046)
Those seem to be new features and not regression fixes and thus are
not appropriate for a release branch.
Not all of them really,
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-03/msg00652.html is really a
target bug fix which causes mild annoyance once a while. I do believe
that Kyryll was looking at proposing a backport of this patch (and there
is a bugzilla entry for this one.)
I am sympathetic to the new atomics for v8-a and I've heard atleast one
request for it privately (i.e. this one
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2013-03/msg00874.html) but I'd defer
to the RM's on that one.