This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, ARM, iWMMXT] PR target/54338 - Include IWMMXT_GR_REGS in ALL_REGS
- From: Ramana Radhakrishnan <ramrad01 at arm dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2013 10:50:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, ARM, iWMMXT] PR target/54338 - Include IWMMXT_GR_REGS in ALL_REGS
- References: <1338264799-12374-1-git-send-email-mattst88 at gmail dot com> <1338264799-12374-2-git-send-email-mattst88 at gmail dot com> <CACUk7=UEgAUSm6WhRGgK61pF-XVeRxOr4n+ztzkNfP49hVoZ_A at mail dot gmail dot com> <4737A960563B524DA805CA602BE04B3069CA83A0BE at SC-VEXCH2 dot marvell dot com> <50FE7EF3 dot 6040900 at arm dot com> <4737A960563B524DA805CA602BE04B3069CB119006 at SC-VEXCH2 dot marvell dot com> <CAJA7tRZkbWrPNZ0269T4caEs=Aez7eNfaH1OU5dNuKvQh=G8JQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <4737A960563B524DA805CA602BE04B3069CB36D7C7 at SC-VEXCH2 dot marvell dot com>
- Reply-to: ramrad01 at arm dot com
On 04/02/13 10:40, Xinyu Qi wrote:
According to Vladimir Makarov's analysis, the root cause of PR target/54338 is that ALL_REGS doesn't contain IWMMXT_GR_REGS in REG_CLASS_CONTENTS.
It seems there is no reason to exclude the IWMMXT_GR_REGS from ALL_REGS as IWMMXT_GR_REGS are the real registers.
This patch simply makes ALL_REGS include IWMMXT_GR_REGS to fix this PR.
Since the test case gcc.target/arm/mmx-2.c would fail for the same reason and become pass with this fix, no extra test case need to be add.
Pass arm.exp test. Patch attached.
Testing just with arm.exp is not enough.
Ok if no regressions running the entire regression testsuite for C and
C++ for arm*-*-*eabi with an iwmmxt configuration.