This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Another BLOCK issue - PR56570
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 14:07:51 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Another BLOCK issue - PR56570
- References: <alpine.LNX.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Mar 08, 2013 at 01:59:23PM +0100, Richard Biener wrote:
> This PR shows that when SRA creates DECL_DEBUG_EXPRs with locations
> (and blocks) this does not work with inlining. The reason is that
> the inliner does not bother to copy vars used only in lhs of
> debug-stmts (eek) and thus ends up sharing DECL_DEBUG_EXPRs
It is not about not bothering, we really shouldn't have different sets
of copied vars with -g vs. -g0, otherwise we end up with -fcompare-debug
> Any comments about the above code?
I don't understand how the tree-inline.c change is related to this.
For 4.9, once the verification that DECL_DEBUG_EXPR doesn't have locations is in,
we can remove the DECL_DEBUG_EXPR handling code from tree-ssa-live.c.
Also for 4.9 we should rename DECL_DEBUG_EXPR_IS_FROM to