This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: C++ PATCH for c++/56358 (inheriting ctors breaking lookup)
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 20:01:13 -0600
- Subject: Re: C++ PATCH for c++/56358 (inheriting ctors breaking lookup)
- References: <512E3641.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM, Jason Merrill <email@example.com> wrote:
> We were trying to keep the USING_DECL for an inheriting constructor from
> interfering with name lookup, but it still did. It occurred to me that the
> obvious way to avoid it interfering with the name of the base is to give the
> USING_DECL the constructor name, and then we can remove some of the special
> Tested x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, applying to trunk.
I like it when a bug fix consists of removing code or running less code :-)