This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR56426
- From: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Marek Polacek <polacek at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Richard Biener <rguenther at suse dot de>
- Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2013 21:01:17 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR56426
- References: <20130225195311.GB25197@redhat.com>
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Marek Polacek wrote:
> This fixes PR56426. We were ICEing during the loop pipeline,
> because copyprop changed an irreducible region into a reducible - thus
> the number_of_loops grew.
We've seen that kind of thing happen before with the tracer pass. It
makes me worried a bit about the robustness of preserving loops...
Is there anything in the loop maintenance frame work that catches and
handles new loops if they are "spontaneously" created from previously