This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: r196201 - in /trunk: gcc/ChangeLog gcc/config/i...
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- Cc: "Zamyatin, Igor" <igor dot zamyatin at intel dot com>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>, Dmitry Vyukov <dvyukov at google dot com>
- Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 14:25:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: r196201 - in /trunk: gcc/ChangeLog gcc/config/i...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAGQ9bdwfaS=fPfurN+fJOgg-2s4-c23A9z97aQtVK71PjfMfQg@mail.gmail.com> <20130221132136.GZ1215@tucnak.zalov.cz>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 02:21:36PM +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> Here is a different fix, so libasan.so will not have .preinit_array, but
> libasan.a will have it. Ideally, that hunk should go into a separate
> source file (asan_preinit.cc ?), be just compiled into an object file,
> rather than shared library and the compiler driver should include it
> explicitly in the link.
BTW, if you move it into asan_preinit.cc (or whatever other name) separate
file, as the Makefiles aren't shared, it is fine if for clang you choose to
put it into clang libasan.a, and gcc can do something different.