This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR56318 - Fix MATMUL regression
- From: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 15:52:13 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR56318 - Fix MATMUL regression
- References: <511CF9AE.email@example.com>
On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 3:50 PM, Tobias Burnus <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch fixes the matmul bug, which was reported this morning. Seemingly,
> the code never worked correctly.
> Regarding the result patch: Mikael and I came independently to the same
> result thus it must be right (or not?); additionally, I tested and found out
> that matrix-scalar/scalar-matrix was mishandled.
> Build and regtested on x86-64-gnu-linux.
> OK for the trunk and the 4.6 and 4.7 branches? (I think we can ignore 4.5,
> can we?)
The 4.5 branch is closed.
> PS: There is another bug, which prevents the simplification in some cases
> (see PR), as it only results in a missed optimization (or reject valid in
> constant expressions), I defer this to another patch.