This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Temporarily revert Steven's PCH changes for 4.8 (PR pch/54117)
- From: Douglas B Rupp <rupp at gnat dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jeff Law <law at redhat dot com>, David Edelsohn <dje at gcc dot gnu dot org>, John David Anglin <danglin at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:41:18 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Temporarily revert Steven's PCH changes for 4.8 (PR pch/54117)
- References: <20130213155423.GW4385@tucnak.redhat.com> <CABu31nPcY_3KWHSJ6h_U=MGZstmNVE-+rGAqtMex8-Y0hDpSkw@mail.gmail.com>
On 02/13/2013 01:12 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
* ix86-*-interix* - no solution immediately available, and no-one
listed in MAINTAINERS to ask for help, so maybe Doug can say
something about this one?
Microsoft has pulled the plug on Interix, Windows 7 will be the last
version of Windows in which it will be available. There's a 64-bit
gcc/binutils port to Interix, yet to be contributed, for which the plan
is to use Dwarf but the GDB work hasn't been done. I suppose that if
does get done, then it would be straightforward to backport Dwarf
support to 32bit Interix.
So I'm ok with losing stabs in the medium term, or the short term if
Interix is the lone hold out.