This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Ping: unreviewed copyright patches
- From: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- To: Ben Elliston <bje at air dot net dot au>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, bkorb at gnu dot org, ian at airs dot com
- Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2013 18:59:38 +0000
- Subject: Re: Ping: unreviewed copyright patches
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20130203210007.GA2296@air.net.au>
Ben Elliston <email@example.com> writes:
> On Sun, Feb 03, 2013 at 10:19:47AM +0000, Richard Sandiford wrote:
>> libdecnumber copyright
> I've refreshed my memory on the use of year ranges in the copyright
> notice (http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-howto.html). Looking at the
> ChangeLog, I think it's reasonable to assert copyright for 2005-2011,
> but not 2012 or 2013.
These days the guideline encourage updating all files, even ones that
haven't changed, so I was hoping we could do that gcc-wide. The idea of
sending per-directory patches was to vet the output of the update script
so that hopefully we can use it again next year with a bit less fuss.
So in a way, an "OK" to this patch would be an OK to add 2014 in 2014,
It sounds like you'd prefer we didn't do that, which is certainly OK with me.
We can always add libdecnumber to the list in future if things change.