This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] collect2 should accept more AIX linker flags to change shared library search order
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Michael Haubenwallner <michael dot haubenwallner at salomon dot at>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2013 10:08:44 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] collect2 should accept more AIX linker flags to change shared library search order
- References: <510FBE02.email@example.com>
On Mon, Feb 4, 2013 at 5:56 AM, Michael Haubenwallner
> when using "-shared -Wl,-G" to create AIX shared libraries for use with runtime linking,
> without also using "-Wl,-brtl" collect2 still does search for lib.a before lib.so,
> eventually registering global constructors found in static lib.a, which are not exported
> by lib.so, so the subsequent link step fails resolving these symbols.
This is OK if it's OK with the AIX maintainers (do we have any AIX
I'll also preapprove a patch to use strcmp and strncmp here, I have no
idea why this code is checking character by character.