This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR55476 - fix bogus "Pointer might outlive the pointer target"
- From: Janus Weil <janus at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gfortran <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 22:31:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [Patch, Fortran] PR55476 - fix bogus "Pointer might outlive the pointer target"
- References: <50B51D44.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2012/11/27 Tobias Burnus <email@example.com>:
> The problem is that the symbol gets the host-associated flag as soon as it
> is host associated even in the host's namespace. Solution: Test additionally
> whether they have been declared in the same namespace.
> (I wonder whether there is a case where the host-association is attr is set
> and the namespace is different but the pointer won't outlive the target. I
> tried to create such a test case in the PR – and failed. I think it is not
> possible BLOCK or a module variable; and as there is only a single level of
> nesting, I think the attached patch is correct.)
> Bootstrapped and regtested on x86-64-gnu-linux.
> OK for the trunk?
Yes, looks good. Thanks for the patch!