This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Dumping expanded MD files
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 09:34:19 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Dumping expanded MD files
- References: <CAGs3RfvHEekrCcagF3uvFgsOfW+xLzFyi+RyoEY+qNkNafirstname.lastname@example.org>
On 11/22/2012 09:48 AM, Kirill Yukhin wrote:
> +.PHONY: s-mddump
> +s-mddump: $(BUILD_RTL) $(MD_DEPS) build/genmddump$(build_exeext)
> + $(RUN_GEN) build/genmddump$(build_exeext) $(md_file) 2> tmp-mddump.md
I think just
$(RUN_GEN) ... > mddump
will be sufficient. This is not actually used by the build at all, so we
don't need to play games with stamp files etc.
There's no need for top-level makefile changes at all. When you want to
use this, simply cd into the gcc subdirectory.
> +/* Dump all available rtl queues. */
> +dump_expanded_md (void)
Why? Seems to me that you can just have genmddump.c simply use the
generic read_md_rtx interface, dumping as it goes. You might also
consider dumping the pattern_lineno argument as a comment before the
pattern. Otherwise it might be tricky to match up the dump pattern
with the original input file patterns.