This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH, RFC] Dumping expanded MD files
- From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hp at bitrange dot com>
- To: Kirill Yukhin <kirill dot yukhin at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2012 22:00:26 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH, RFC] Dumping expanded MD files
- References: <CAGs3RfvHEekrCcagF3uvFgsOfW+xLzFyi+RyoEY+qNkNafirstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 22 Nov 2012, Kirill Yukhin wrote:
> Hi folks,
> This patch adds an utility for dumping MD-files after iterators and
> define_substs expanding. The new utility is named genmddump and is
> built along with other gen* programs.
> I also added new target to Makefile to invoke this utility. However,
> I?m not sure it?s general enough to be added to the top-level
> makefile, so your suggestions on where we should place it and how it
> should be invoked are welcome.
> What do you guys think?
I think it should be enabled and the expanded md be dumped for
There's configury bits for the development stage but with loose
ends; you'll have to add an AC_SUBST in gcc/configure.ac to use
in gcc/Makefile.in, like a @maybe_dumped_md@ set to empty or
s-mddump and added to dependencies for "all" (or probably
actually some suitable sub-dependency for "all").