This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: sparc bootstrap still broken
- From: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- To: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ebotcazou at adacore dot com, dje dot gcc at gmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:20:29 +0400
- Subject: Re: sparc bootstrap still broken
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 9:16 AM, David Miller <email@example.com> wrote:
> I don't think it's reasonable that the sparc bootstrap is still broken
> in the tree, even though a fix has existed for nearly a week.
> It is not acceptable to say "everyone has to apply a special patch
> until some external dependency that will take an unknown, variable,
> length of time to resolve is out of the way"
> This is exactly why changes should be installed directly into the
> GCC sources as soon as they are ready, and the current way things
> are being handled with ASAN is beyond unacceptable.
> I'm very tempted to just commit the build fix in myself at this point.
Please do (the same that was applied upstream).
Please also note:
- I am on vacation with random access to PC, that's why I did not
want to rush with my first commits to gcc trunk.
- asan for SPARC is not known to work at all (is it?) and thus a
simpler fix might be to disable it for now.
I hope we can agree on the procedure soon.