This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Change -faddress-sanitizer to -fsanitize=address
- From: Konstantin Serebryany <konstantin dot s dot serebryany at gmail dot com>
- To: Wei Mi <wmi at google dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, David Li <davidxl at google dot com>, Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, Kostya Serebryany <kcc at google dot com>, Dodji Seketeli <dseketel at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2012 22:26:26 +0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Change -faddress-sanitizer to -fsanitize=address
- References: <CA+4CFy5cJHSuHhX7YgaekGA7oGejmcRs9FNDzs4DghytbX-vzQ@mail.gmail.com>
Clang also supports the no- form (-fno-sanitize=address).
We probably want it here too, but preferably as a separate patch.
(or is it automatically implemented via some internal magic?)
On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 10:14 PM, Wei Mi <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch is to change -faddress-sanitizer to -fsanitize=address. Ok for trunk?
> 2012-11-19 Wei Mi <email@example.com>
> * cfgexpand.c (partition_stack_vars): Change flag_asan to
> (expand_stack_vars): Likewise.
> (defer_stack_allocation): Likewise.
> (expand_used_vars): Likewise.
> * varasm.c (assemble_noswitch_variable): Likewise.
> (assemble_variable): Likewise.
> (place_block_symbol): Likewise.
> * asan.c (gate_asan): Likewise.
> (gate_asan_O0): Likewise.
> * toplev.c (compile_file): Likewise.
> (process_options): Likewise.
> * common.opt: Change faddress-sanitizer to fsanitize=address.
> * gcc.c (LINK_COMMAND_SPEC): Likewise.
> * testsuite/lib/asan-dg.exp
> (check_effective_target_faddress_sanitizer): Likewise.
> (asan_init): Likewise.
> * flag-types.h (sanitize_type): New enum type.
> * doc/invoke.texi (-fsanitize=[address|thread]): Document.