This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libquadmath: Update I/O parts from GLIBC
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Tobias Burnus <burnus at net-b dot de>
- Cc: gcc patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2012 15:51:52 +0000
- Subject: Re: libquadmath: Update I/O parts from GLIBC
- References: <50A8D5A6.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 18 Nov 2012, Tobias Burnus wrote:
> I intent to commit the attached patch, but wouldn't mind if someone had first
> a look at the configure/host handling for the rounding.
The default in libquadmath should be to use fegetround to get the rounding
mode, not fpu_control.h or other architecture-specific code. Most of the
extra complexity in glibc is to get it from libc without depending on libm
(since fegetround is in libm), but libquadmath depends on libm anyway.
Joseph S. Myers