This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [6/8] Add strict volatile handling to bit_field_mode_iterator
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Richard Sandiford <rdsandiford at googlemail dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2012 14:56:05 +0100
- Subject: Re: [6/8] Add strict volatile handling to bit_field_mode_iterator
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> This patch makes bit_field_mode_iterator take -fstrict-volatile-bitfields
> into account, in cases where the size of the underlying object is known.
> This is used in the next patch.
Do we really need to add that to the iterator? The -fstrict-volatile-
bitfields implementation is still controversial so I'm not sure that we want
let it spread. Can't the client code just skip the problematic modes?