This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH v3] Add support for sparc compare-and-branch
- From: David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- To: rth at redhat dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, ebotcazou at adacore dot com, ro at cebitec dot uni-bielefeld dot de
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 14:38:22 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] Add support for sparc compare-and-branch
- References: <email@example.com> <50A13845.firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Richard Henderson <email@example.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 09:56:21 -0800
> On 10/22/2012 08:39 PM, David Miller wrote:
>> + /* Compare and Branch is limited to +-2KB. If it is too far away,
>> + change
>> + cxbne X, Y, .LC30
>> + to
>> + cxbe X, Y, .+12
>> + ba,pt xcc, .LC30
>> + nop */
> Based on your no-control-after cbcond comment at the top
> of the patch, surely this should contain another nop as well.
Indeed, I'll fix this up.
> And surely all this code isn't so performance sensitive that
> it needs to be written in such an unreadable way.
Sure, I'll change the code to use one of the the clearer mechanisms
Thanks for the review.