This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.8.0 Status Report (2012-10-29), Stage 1 to end soon
- From: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- To: Richard Biener <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rdsandiford at googlemail dot com
- Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 12:00:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.8.0 Status Report (2012-10-29), Stage 1 to end soon
- References: <20121029175642.GK1752@tucnak.redhat.com> <5090410F.email@example.com> <CAFiYyc1go51+Srjy9erkBBC+o-MC5U08S23e6A6vNuE9BxOgvg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <50912B52.email@example.com> <20121031135508.GI1752@tucnak.redhat.com> <5091300A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20121031142743.GK1752@tucnak.redhat.com> <50916BB1.email@example.com> <50926EB3.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com> <CAFiYyc0REhdptD=mxaJhMt-x2bPos2ve1APT1mLEff2C4Zwr3Q@mail.gmail.com> <5097C649.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Jakub and Richi,
At this point I have decided to that i am not going to get the rest of
the wide-int patches into a stable enough form for this round. The
combination of still living without power at my house and some issues
that i hit with the front ends has made it impossible to get this
finished by today's deadline.
I do want patches 1-7 to go in (after proper review) but i am going to
withdraw patch 8 for this round.
patches 1-5 deal with the rtl level. These have been extensively
tested and "examined" with the exception of patch 4, "examined" by
Richard Sandiford. They clean up a lot of things at the rtl level
that effect every port as well as fixing some outstanding regressions.
patches 6 and 7 are general cleanups at the tree level and can be
justified as on their own without any regard to wide-int. They have
also been extensively tested.
I am withdrawing patch 8 because it converted tree-vpn to use wide-ints
but the benefit of this patch really cannot be seen without the rest of
the tree level wide-int patches.
In the next couple of days i will resubmit patches 1-7 with the patch
rot removed and the public comments folded into them.