This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.8.0 Status Report (2012-10-29), Stage 1 to end soon
- From: Peter Bergner <bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 06:41:47 -0600
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.8.0 Status Report (2012-10-29), Stage 1 to end soon
- References: <20121029175642.GK1752@tucnak.redhat.com>
On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 18:56 +0100, Jakub Jelinek wrote:
> I'd like to close the stage 1 phase of GCC 4.8 development
> on Monday, November 5th. If you have still patches for new features you'd
> like to see in GCC 4.8, please post them for review soon. Patches
> posted before the freeze, but reviewed shortly after the freeze, may
> still go in, further changes should be just bugfixes and documentation
I'd like to post later today (hopefully this morning) a very minimal
configure patch that adds the -mcpu=power8 and -mtune=power8 compiler
options to gcc. Currently, power8 will be an alias for power7, but
getting this path in now allows us to add power8 support to the
compiler without having to touch the arch independent configure script.
The only hang up at the moment is we're still determining the
assembler mnemonic we'll be releasing that the gcc configure script
will use to test for power6 assembler support.