This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] New configuration options to enable additional executable/startfile/shared library prefixes
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Michael Meissner <meissner at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 19:01:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New configuration options to enable additional executable/startfile/shared library prefixes
- References: <20121101211727.GA7077@ibm-tiger.the-meissners.org>
On Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Michael Meissner
> This patch adds 4 additional configuration switches, that allow the person
> building the compiler to add additional prefixes to search for additional
> executables and startfiles.
> If the backend has the appropriate tweaks installed, it will also add
> additional prefixes to search for the dynamic linker. At the moment, only the
> PowerPC Linux port has the modifications. It is fairly easy to modify other
> targets if desired.
Why does the documentation refer to powerpc64-linux when the changes
affect all PowerPC Linux and affect the 32 bit dynamic linker search