This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix CDDCE miscompilation (PR tree-optimization/55018)
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Hans-Peter Nilsson <hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com>
- Cc: stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 21:58:53 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix CDDCE miscompilation (PR tree-optimization/55018)
- References: <CABu31nNbi07+9x4BHpL_6PYN6_rSnEjmG7eA+WBMkmwo0ziwTQ@mail.gmail.com> <201211012026.qA1KQPLF026378@ignucius.se.axis.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 09:26:25PM +0100, Hans-Peter Nilsson wrote:
> > Attached patch was bootstrapped&tested on
> PR tree-optimization/55018
> * basic-block.h (dfs_find_deadend): New prototype.
> * cfganal.c (dfs_find_deadend): No longer static. Use bitmap
> instead of sbitmap for visited.
> (flow_dfs_compute_reverse_execute): Use dfs_find_deadend here, too.
> * dominance.c (calc_dfs_tree): If saw_unconnected,
> traverse from dfs_find_deadend of unconnected b
> instead of b directly.
> It seems this caused PR55168, ICE.
As Honza said, it was likely latent, and furthermore seems to be related to
the flow_dfs_compute_reverse_execute change from Steven (mentioning it
primarily what should we consider backporting if anything to release