This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] pr51020 Fix invalid options validation for ARM target
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- To: Alexey Kravets <a dot kravets at samsung dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 14:15:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] pr51020 Fix invalid options validation for ARM target
- References: <20120428100413.GA25747@kayrick-tools>
On 28/04/12 11:04, Alexey Kravets wrote:
> Hi guys,
> Please, take a look at this patch. It fixes the invalid star symbol
> processing in validate_switches function reported in GCC bugzilla:
> With this patch invalid options are no longer accepted by the
> compiler (see new testcase for more details).
> It showed no regressions on GCC-4.6.3 on ARM.
> * gcc/gcc.c(validate_switches): Reset starred flag.
> * gcc/testsuite/gcc.target/arm/pr51020.c: New test.
Why have you created an arm-specific test for something that, at least
on initial examination, is a generic issue?