This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Patches to enable -ftrack-macro-expansion by default
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>, Laurynas Biveinis <laurynas dot biveinis at gmail dot com>, Benjamin De Kosnik <bkoz at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 13:46:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Patches to enable -ftrack-macro-expansion by default
- References: <email@example.com>
Dodji Seketeli <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> I am proposing a series of patches which is supposed to address the
> remaining issues (I am aware of) preventing us from enabling the
> -ftrack-macro-expansion by default.
> The idea is to address each issue I notice in the course of trying to
> bootstrap the compiler and running the tests with
> -ftrack-macro-expansion enabled.
> Beside the fixes, I ended up disabling the -ftrack-macro-expansion for
> many test cases (sometimes globally in the dg-*.exp files, or on a
> case by case basis), because that option changes the compiler output
> and so requires that I either adapt the test case or disable the
> option. For other tests, I chose to adapt the test case.
I have finally applied this series of 14 patches to the mainline today.
The SVN revisions are from r186965 to r186978.
Thank you all for your time and patience while reviewing this patch-set.