This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [ARM] Add atomic_loaddi pattern
- From: Andrew Haley <aph at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, richard dot earnshaw at arm dot com, ramana dot radhakrishnan at linaro dot org
- Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 09:51:03 +0100
- Subject: Re: [ARM] Add atomic_loaddi pattern
- References: <4F9B0FEF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 04/27/2012 10:30 PM, Richard Henderson wrote:
> We can perform a single-copy atomic load with an ldrexd insn.
> If the load is all we care about, we need not pair this with
> a strexd.
Can we? It's good to know. I have had a long email exchange with
engineers at ARM, and they would not say that this was safe. If they
have changed their mind, I'd like to see chapter and verse.