This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [v3] is_modulo
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Marc Glisse <marc dot glisse at inria dot fr>
- Cc: libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:29:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: [v3] is_modulo
- References: <alpine.DEB.email@example.com>
On Sat, Apr 28, 2012 at 5:41 PM, Marc Glisse <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> the attached follows the precisions on the definition of is_modulo in DR
> 612. I believe this is what the values always should have been, so I didn't
> make the change conditional to C++11.
Thanks for the patch.
I think 'char' shouldn't be considered modulo even if
-funsigned-char -- I will bring this to LWG attention.
> PR 22200 can remain open if people want to discuss the interaction with
> -fwrapv, but false is the safe value.
I believe the interaction with -fwrapv is an interesting one.
> I ran the testsuite, to make sure there wasn't a huge typo that would
> prevent the file from compiling, and the only failure was the usual
> 2012-04-29 ?Marc Glisse ?<email@example.com>
> ? ? ? ?PR libstdc++/22200
> ? ? ? ?* include/std/limits (numeric_limits<>::is_modulo): false for
> ? ? ? ?signed types.
> Marc Glisse