This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [RFH / Patch] PR 51222
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 23:24:32 -0400
- Subject: Re: [RFH / Patch] PR 51222
- References: <4F9B4B10.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On 04/27/2012 09:42 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
In particular about the exact meaning of the FIXME? More generally, is
the issue here matter of compile-time optimization? Like we want to save
work when we actually *know* the type even in template context? (then
looks like type_dependent_expression_p isn't really what we want...)
It's more of a mangling issue. If the type is instantiation-dependent,
we should mangle it as written; if not, we mangle the real type.
Currently we don't test for instantiation-dependence, so we get this
wrong; your change would go too far in the other direction.