This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: dwarf2out.c: For DWARF 4+, output DW_AT_high_pc as constant offset.
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- To: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:43:57 +0200
- Subject: Re: dwarf2out.c: For DWARF 4+, output DW_AT_high_pc as constant offset.
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 03:36:56PM +0200, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> But even without this, I think the patch is worth it just to get rid of
> all the relocations necessary otherwise.
IMHO we should defer applying this by a few months, given that GDB support
is only being added these days and -gdwarf-4 is now the default.
Applying it in August/September when there is already GDB version with
the support would be better.
> + attr.dw_attr = DW_AT_high_pc;
> + if (dwarf_version < 3)
Shouldn't this be < 4? I think DWARF 3 doesn't have constant class