This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 53096
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:15:52 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 53096
- References: <4F980955.email@example.com>
On 04/25/2012 10:25 AM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Thus, the below elementary patch appears to work fine (I also double
checked that in such cases the type remains trivial). It's all there is
Unfortunately, I don't think so; there's a lot of code in the compiler
that assumes that trivial constructors are also always callable.
However, that might not be as big an issue for the copy constructor as
it is for the default constructor, since copies go through overload
resolution. So I guess if this patch passes the testsuite it's OK.