This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC reminder: an alternative -fsched-pressure implementation
- From: "Ulrich Weigand" <uweigand at de dot ibm dot com>
- To: rdsandiford at googlemail dot com (Richard Sandiford)
- Cc: vmakarov at redhat dot com (Vladimir Makarov), gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, Andreas dot Krebbel at de dot ibm dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 13:42:09 +0200 (CEST)
- Subject: Re: RFC reminder: an alternative -fsched-pressure implementation
Richard Sandiford wrote:
> Vladimir Makarov <email@example.com> writes:
> > Taking your results for S390 and ARM with Neon into account, I guess it
> > should be included and probably made by default for these 2 targets (for
> > sure for s390).
> OK, thanks to both of you.
> Ulrich and Andreas: would you be happy for s390 to use this by default?
> I'll update the patch and install if so.
I've talked to Andreas, and we agree that s390 should use this as default.
If you install the base patch, we'll do the back-end change accordingly.
(I'll also work with Ramana to enable it on ARM where it makes sense,
probably when targeting Cortex-A cores.)
Thanks again to you and Vlad for looking into this long-standing problem!
Dr. Ulrich Weigand
GNU Toolchain for Linux on System z and Cell BE