This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 03:56:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- References: <email@example.com> <4F9719F7.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F973A31.email@example.com>
On 04/25/2012 01:41 AM, Jason Merrill wrote:
On 04/24/2012 05:24 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Ok, thanks, I''ll see what I can do.
Perhaps we aren't checking default arguments unless they're actually
used; a could change that if they aren't dependent.
Your reply reached the mailing list a bit mangled, could you please
If the default argument isn't dependent on other template parameters,
we can check immediately whether it is a suitable template argument
for its parameter, including being a constant expression. That ought
to give an appropriate diagnostic for this testcase.