This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- From: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:41:37 -0400
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <4F9719F7.email@example.com>
On 04/24/2012 05:24 PM, Paolo Carlini wrote:
Perhaps we aren't checking default arguments unless they're actually
used; a could change that if they aren't dependent.
Your reply reached the mailing list a bit mangled, could you please
If the default argument isn't dependent on other template parameters, we
can check immediately whether it is a suitable template argument for its
parameter, including being a constant expression. That ought to give an
appropriate diagnostic for this testcase.