This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Added better handling of outdated profile data. (issue 5989046)
- From: asharif <asharif at chromium dot org>
- To: jh at suse dot cz, davidxl at google dot com, bjanakiraman at google dot com
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, reply at codereview-hr dot appspotmail dot com
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 15:13:57 -0700
- Subject: Re: Added better handling of outdated profile data. (issue 5989046)
- References: <email@example.com>
Here is the formatted ChangeLog in case you want a summary of what I did:
* gcc/ipa-inline.c (edge_badness): Make sure profile is valid before
using it to compute badness.
* gcc/predict.c (maybe_hot_frequency_p): Ditto.
* gcc/profile.c (compute_branch_probabilities): Return without setting
the profile read flag if get_exec_counts returns NULL.
* gcc/tree.h: Added macro for accessing profile status.
The patch is in the original email and on the codereview issue