This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C] improve missing initializers diagnostics
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 21:51:29 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: [C] improve missing initializers diagnostics
- References: <CAESRpQB21aZSiBdAN+cECuH2-DkYJWR92Nvdf+6UxQfUgtWdog@mail.gmail.com>
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012, Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> 2012-04-19 Manuel López-Ibáñez <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * c-typeck.c (pop_init_level): Improve diagnostics.
> * gcc.dg/m-un-2.c: Update.
> * gcc.dg/20011021-1.c: Update.
OK. The strange "near initialization" formulation came in with a gcc2
merge in 1999 (r24879), replacing previous diagnostics that did identify
the field directly in the message, and never really made sense to me; I
think naming the field directly in the diagnostic is better for all such
Joseph S. Myers