This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- From: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- To: Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 23:24:07 +0200
- Subject: Re: [C++ Patch] PR 39970
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Sure we reject this kind of code at instantiation time. I suspect
submitter bothered filing a PR because other front-end also enforce the
check in the parser, eg, EDG, but certainly I don't have a strong opinion.
We should already reject that because it isn't a constant expression;
I don't think we want to bother checking specifically for this case in
the parser as well.
Your reply reached the mailing list a bit mangled, could you please clarify?
Perhaps we aren't checking default arguments unless they're actually
used; a could change that if they aren't dependent.