This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] reload: Try alternative with swapped operands before going to the next
- From: Uros Bizjak <ubizjak at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: Andreas Krebbel <krebbel at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Maxim Kuvyrkov <maxim at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:33:12 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] reload: Try alternative with swapped operands before going to the next
> 2011-11-17 Andreas Krebbel <Andreas.Krebbel@de.ibm.com>
> * reload.c (find_reloads): Change the loop nesting when trying an
> alternative with swapped operands.
I would just like to point out that constran_operands will have
problems to re-recognize alternative with swapped commutative
operands. The "%" operand modifier is ignored there, so i.e. x86 add
pattern with swapped commutative operands, like:
(set (reg: ax) (plus (reg: bx)(reg: ax)))
will be rejected.