This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove SETJMP_VIA_SAVE_AREA support
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 12:04:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: Remove SETJMP_VIA_SAVE_AREA support
- References: <email@example.com> <15A01AEA-2E50-44A8-B94D-C2D18746190C@comcast.net>
> You do know that at least rtl hoisting is dependent upon calls_setjmp being
> set, right? :-(
Sure, clearly a straightforward dependency. ;-)
> This part breaks my port. I think you read the comment and thought it was
> exhaustive, I don't believe it is.
I think it should, though. __builtin_setjmp doesn't need the calls_setjmp big
hammer, since everything is supposed to be exposed in the IR.
> Any objection to putting it back, or, would you like me to drill down on
> rtl hoisting?
Yes, the problem needs to be understood first. This change broke something for
Darwin too and the fix was a one-liner in the back-end: