This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: PR c/44774 -Werror=edantic
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- To: Manuel López-Ibáñez <lopezibanez at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Gcc Patch List <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "Joseph S. Myers" <joseph at codesourcery dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2012 12:25:30 -0500
- Subject: Re: PR c/44774 -Werror=edantic
- References: <CAESRpQAzggjNQmcS6HyRt+E0Yc7Ykkzu9eAGPEA+UzYCh62CKQ@mail.gmail.com>
On Sun, Apr 22, 2012 at 10:50 AM, Manuel López-Ibáñez
> This patch makes Wpedantic the canonical form of -pedantic. This makes
> -Wno-pedantic, -Werror=pedantic, #pragma diagnostics and other parts
> of the diagnostic machinery that expect warning options to start with
> -W, work with -Wpedantic.
> I did not touch -pedantic-errors, because it is not exactly equivalent
> to -Werror=pedantic. The fix there may be to have a new -Wpedantic-all
> that controls -Wpedantic + all the uncontrollable pedwarns, then
> -Werror=pedantic-all would be exactly equivalent to -pedantic-errors.
> But apart from consistency, I don't see much benefit, so I am not
> going to work on that.
> Bootstrapped + tested with enable-languages=all,objc++,ada.
The longer-term fix is to eliminate the distinction between
-pedantic-errors and -Werror=pedantic.
Also, eventually calls to pedwarns should be unconditional and
finer-grained instead of the
current catchall OPT_Wpedantic.