This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Fix PR44214
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: "William J. Schmidt" <wschmidt at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org, rguenther at suse dot de, bergner at vnet dot ibm dot com
- Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 11:32:17 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Fix PR44214
- References: <1334887118.32653.6.camel@gnopaine>
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 6:58 PM, William J. Schmidt
> This enhances constant folding for division by complex and vector
> constants. ?When -freciprocal-math is present, such divisions are
> converted into multiplies by the constant reciprocal. ?When an exact
> reciprocal is available, this is done for vector constants when
> optimizing. ?I did not implement logic for exact reciprocals of complex
> constants because either (a) the complexity doesn't justify the
> likelihood of occurrence, or (b) I'm lazy. ?Your choice. ;)
> Bootstrapped with no new regressions on powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu. ?Ok
> for trunk?
> 2012-04-19 ?Bill Schmidt ?<firstname.lastname@example.org>
> ? ? ? ?PR rtl-optimization/44214
> ? ? ? ?* fold-const.c (exact_inverse): New function.
> ? ? ? ?(fold_binary_loc): Fold vector and complex division by constant into
> ? ? ? ?multiply by recripocal with flag_reciprocal_math; fold vector division
> ? ? ? ?by constant into multiply by reciprocal with exact inverse.
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-explog-1.c -O0 (test for excess errors)
FAIL: gcc.dg/torture/builtin-power-1.c -O0 (test for excess errors)