This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: libstdc++ / mt_allocator.cc when using gthreads
- From: Laurent Alfonsi <laurent dot alfonsi at st dot com>
- To: Paolo Carlini <paolo dot carlini at oracle dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>, "libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org" <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 17:02:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: libstdc++ / mt_allocator.cc when using gthreads
- References: <4F90107D.email@example.com> <4F902098.firstname.lastname@example.org>
Well, I don't know mt_allocator enough to know if this is a fix for real
or a quick fix.
On 04/19/12 16:26, Paolo Carlini wrote:
The enclosed testcases (very close to
ext/mt_allocator/deallocate_global_thread-1.cc) exposes a pattern
where the following sequence is called (when __gthread_active_p is
I didn't look into the issue in any detail - and I'm really glad that
you are interested in improving mt_allocator - but I think that before
going for quick patches, we should strive for fixing the underlying
issue, eg prevent the above from occurring. After all, if you are right,
the issue is very, very old, and nobody complained yet, thus better try
very hard to fix it for real, finally. Do you have any plans for that?