This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch] Cleanup tree-switch-conversion a bit
- From: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- To: Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>, Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>, GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 07:55:24 -0700
- Subject: Re: [patch] Cleanup tree-switch-conversion a bit
- References: <CABu31nPAfVnN-FVApXf_A6=HkWjaN7rQYznD548N+edxG530vg@mail.gmail.com>
On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 9:15 AM, Steven Bosscher <email@example.com> wrote:
>> My goal for GCC 4.8 is to do just that: Move switch expansion to
>> GIMPLE and add value profiling for switch expressions.
> And the idea is to put all that code in tree-switch-conversion.c. But
> there are a few clean-ups I wish to do on that code before that.
> First, there is a global pass info structure that contains useful data
> for all forms of GIMPLE_SWITCH lowering. I've "un-globalized" that
> data with the attached patch. While there, I made the dump messages
> Bootstrapped and tested on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu. OK?
I think it caused: