This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Remove SETJMP_VIA_SAVE_AREA support
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:18:15 -0700
- Subject: Re: Remove SETJMP_VIA_SAVE_AREA support
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Jun 2, 2011, at 3:41 AM, Eric Botcazou wrote:
> This removes the (undocumented) support for SETJMP_VIA_SAVE_AREA from the
> 2011-06-02 Eric Botcazou <email@example.com>
> * builtins.c (expand_builtin_setjmp_setup): Do not set calls_setjmp.
> --- builtins.c (revision 174559)
> +++ builtins.c (working copy)
> @@ -806,10 +806,6 @@ expand_builtin_setjmp_setup (rtx buf_add
> emit_insn (gen_builtin_setjmp_setup (buf_addr));
> - /* Tell optimize_save_area_alloca that extra work is going to
> - need to go on during alloca. */
> - cfun->calls_setjmp = 1;
> /* We have a nonlocal label. */
> cfun->has_nonlocal_label = 1;
You do know that at least rtl hoisting is dependent upon calls_setjmp being set, right? :-(
This part breaks my port. I think you read the comment and thought it was exhaustive, I don't believe it is.
Any objection to putting it back, or, would you like me to drill down on rtl hoisting?