This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [PATCH] Add -fdump-rtl-<pass>-quiet
- From: Xinliang David Li <davidxl at google dot com>
- To: Andrew Stubbs <ams at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: "gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:00:07 -0700
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Add -fdump-rtl-<pass>-quiet
- References: <4F8EED58.email@example.com>
Why only rtl? Minor suggestion: use ir or il may be more intuitive:
On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 9:35 AM, Andrew Stubbs <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This patch scratches an itch I've had for a while.
> Basically it just reduces all tree and RTL dumps to just the function dump.
> This means that the files are easier to diff.
> This can still be combined with the other options of course:
> ?e.g. -fdump-rtl-all-quiet-slim is quite nice.
> Obviously, most of the passes do dumps by calling fprintf directly, and I
> don't want to edit each and every case, so I've implemented this by setting
> dump_file=NULL in execute_one_pass.
> OK to commit?