This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compare precisions with precisions in fold-const
- From: Mike Stump <mikestump at comcast dot net>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 08:01:46 -0700
- Subject: Re: Compare precisions with precisions in fold-const
- References: <4F858E5B.email@example.com>
On Apr 11, 2012, at 6:59 AM, Bernd Schmidt wrote:
> This is another problem I found working on a new target. In fold-const,
> when folding conversions, there are two instances where mode bitsizes
> are compared to type precisions. This fails to do the right thing if
> mode precision and bitsize differ (which I believe they currently don't
> on any target).
They do on mine... In my genmodes patch, it would make it true on two existing gcc ports as I recall.