This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Compare precisions with precisions in fold-const
- From: Richard Guenther <richard dot guenther at gmail dot com>
- To: Bernd Schmidt <bernds at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 16:11:19 +0200
- Subject: Re: Compare precisions with precisions in fold-const
- References: <4F858E5B.email@example.com>
On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 3:59 PM, Bernd Schmidt <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> This is another problem I found working on a new target. In fold-const,
> when folding conversions, there are two instances where mode bitsizes
> are compared to type precisions. This fails to do the right thing if
> mode precision and bitsize differ (which I believe they currently don't
> on any target).
> Bootstrapped and regression tested on i686-linux. Ok?
Ok. Please also adjust the corresponding duplicate code in tree-ssa-forwprop.c