This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patch, fortran-dev] Use fixed variable sizes for stride calculations
- From: Thomas Koenig <tkoenig at netcologne dot de>
- To: "fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org" <fortran at gcc dot gnu dot org>, gcc-patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:51:14 +0200
- Subject: Re: [patch, fortran-dev] Use fixed variable sizes for stride calculations
- References: <4F6DD691.firstname.lastname@example.org>
this patch uses division by known sizes (which can usually be replaced
by a simple shift because intrinsics have sizes of power of two) instead
of division by the size extracted from the array descriptor itself.
This should save about 20 cycles for a single calculation.
I'll go through the rest of the library to identify other possibilities
Regression-tested, no new failures.
OK for the branch?
Full patch at http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/fortran/2012-03/msg00120.html