This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Patches to enable -ftrack-macro-expansion by default
- From: Dodji Seketeli <dodji at redhat dot com>
- To: GCC Patches <gcc-patches at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Cc: Tom Tromey <tromey at redhat dot com>, Jason Merrill <jason at redhat dot com>, Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at integrable-solutions dot net>
- Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 16:53:12 +0200
- Subject: Patches to enable -ftrack-macro-expansion by default
I am proposing a series of patches which is supposed to address the
remaining issues (I am aware of) preventing us from enabling the
-ftrack-macro-expansion by default.
The idea is to address each issue I notice in the course of trying to
bootstrap the compiler and running the tests with
Beside the fixes, I ended up disabling the -ftrack-macro-expansion for
many test cases (sometimes globally in the dg-*.exp files, or on a
case by case basis), because that option changes the compiler output
and so requires that I either adapt the test case or disable the
option. For other tests, I chose to adapt the test case.
You will find the patch series as a follow-up of this message.